Facebook Video Ad size specs guidelines and samples.
Facebook News Feed is the constantly updating list of status updates, photos, videos and more in the middle of the Facebook home page. The News Feed includes updates and posts from friends, Pages, Groups and advertisers.
You can use the video format in the Facebook News Feed to show off your product, service or brand in new ways. Include movement and sound to capture attention quickly and show unique features of a product or tell your brand story.
See for more information about each recommendation below.
- File Type: MP4, MOV or GIF
- Ratio: 1:1 (for desktop or mobile) or 4:5 (for mobile only)
- Video Settings: H.264 compression, square pixels, fixed frame rate, progressive scan and stereo
- AAC audio compression at 128kbps+
- Resolution: At least 1080 x 1080 pixels
- Video Captions: Optional, but recommended
- Video Sound: Optional, but recommended
Videos should not contain edit lists or special boxes in file containers.
- Primary Text: 125 characters
- Headline: 27 characters
- Description: 27 characters
- Video Duration: 1 second to 241 minutes
- Maximum File Size: 4GB
- Minimum Width: 120 pixels
- Minimum Height: 120 pixels
With some objectives, you can use a 360 video. When people see this type of ad, they can turn their device or drag their finger to move around within the video and explore every angle.